April 23, 2013

Team Mitch McConnell campaign takes no break from Whac-A-Mole

Although the FBI hasn't charged me with a crime, and I have not granted an interview, Iris Wilbur, the political director of the Mitch McConnell campaign has been tasked today with shaming Kentucky's Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes into condemning what the McConnell campaign is still referring to as an "illegal bugging."

https://twitter.com/Ibrookewilbur 

The game is called, say it with me, 'Whac-A-Mole.' And it's just wrong. Frankly, I could care less whether or not Grimes condemns anyone for McConnell's allegations. Just as it doesn't matter whether Grimes condemns McConnell for CREW's call that he be investigated for using legislative aides to do his campaign's opposition research. (As an aside, I'm reading Republican Leader right now, and was not surprised to see the Louisville Times made a similar allegation against McConnell on May 20, 1981, which led to a lawsuit.)

Anyway, Grimes is Kentucky's Secretary of State. Her job duties do not include responding to every the all the misguided rhetoric that comes from the most unpopular US Senator in the country.

(For the record, I have never met Grimes, but I'm confident she'd be damn fine Senator compared to Sen. Whac-A-Mole.)

No comments:

Post a Comment